Monday 17 February 2014

Accountability: If It Is To Be, It’s Up To Me

Accountability: If It Is To Be, It’s Up To Me
lollydaskal 

When things get messed up—and they do—some people respond with lying, denying or minimizing their own responsibility.
Leaders know that to be respected or trusted they must be accountable.
They must be willing to be responsible even before they know how things will turn out.
If it is to be, it’s up to me:

Accountability starts with you. It means you are responsible.
It’s not so much a way of thinking as a way of being, and it starts from within.

Accountability is about being reliable. Ask yourself “Can people count on me to do what I say I’ll do, as I said I would do it?” You must always keep your word.

Accountability is ownership. It’s the willingness to hold yourself to account,
it means taking totally ownership no matter the mess up.

Accountability is about creating clarity. When you are accountable you clear up the gaps and voids of expectations and what you are going to be doing.

Accountability is about trustworthiness. When you are responsible and you make a commitment, you hold yourself to a high standard where others know and can trust in you.

Accountability is a partnership. Partnerships are about support and mutual accountability;
when you are held accountable by a partner, it’s important to recognize and respect the power
of their intention and respond with appreciation rather than anger.
Successful leaders front load accountability into their leadership development.

Being accountable begins with accepting responsibility and leading from a place of action.

http://www.lollydaskal.com/leadership/accountability-if-it-is-to-be-its-up-to-me/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=accountability-if-it-is-to-be-its-up-to-me&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter


Perhaps you’d like to checkout my sister blog www.innermindreading.blogspot.co.uk
and find easy, fast and efficient ways of working with the issues or little unpleasantness’s in your life.
I am now featuring aspects of my upcoming internet programme teaching Inner Mind Reading.







               


No comments: