Monday 3 August 2015

Why Some Goals Require Group Effort for Faster Success:

Sharing a wall successfully. 

Why Some Goals Require Group Effort for Faster Success:
The Ultimate Advantage of Group Effort:
Clint Cora 

I recently acquired a property that is over 100 years old and was a former stately mansion
turned into a triplex. My intention was to use this as one of my rental properties
in my real estate investment portfolio. Like many houses of this age, it required a lot of repair although there were still signs of former elegance including original wooden floors,
stained glass, bay windows and an Italian marble fireplace (that no longer works).
In fact, the property was elegant enough for film producers to do a movie shoot
inside one of the rooms where Christian Slater was the leading star.
One of the apartment units was already tenanted and two were vacant
by the time I took ownership. Repair issues included many cracks in the walls and ceilings,
plumbing that needed fixing, lighting fixtures that needed replacing, broken windows 
and screens as well as a full repainting of the walls. I personally don’t have the expertise
to do most of these renovations so I hired contractors to do what I cannot do.

Why Achieving Goals Alone is Not Always Effective
In order to save some money, I initially tried to do as much of the renovations work myself
and this included most of the painting, since I had already painted my own house before.
I could also do other simple tasks like replace broken window screens since again,
I already did that at my own residence. I was thinking that doing as much as I can on my own
would be shortcuts to success in the overall renovations.
When the renovations crew came onsite, the plan was for them to repair the major cracks
on the walls so I could do the painting. However, things did not turn out that way.
They told me that my painting skills were quite poor being slow and messy.
As a result, they would have to clean up after my mistakes.
Ultimately, I got ‘fired’ by my own contractors,
in a nice way of course since I was the guy paying them.
So I was effectively demoted by my own crew to being the clean up man
since that was the only thing I could not mess up.

You’ll Achieve Faster Success in Goals with the Advantage of Group
I could take the time to learn how to do many of the renovating tasks on my own
because new skills just take an effort to learn. However, such skills in repairing houses
would have taken me so long, that there would have been much delays
in achieving the overall goal, which was to get all of the vacant apartments rented out.
Each week that a unit is vacant costs a property owner money.
So I gave in and decided upon the advice of my contractors to let them do most of the work, including painting. In many ways, getting fired by my own renovations crew was very helpful. 
The renovations would be completed much faster with the professionals handling these tasks. Meanwhile, this freed up my own time to focus on the things that I did well,
which included marketing the vacant units to potential tenants.
In fact, the marketing campaign was so effective with my total focus,
I was able to get new tenants signed up on leases before all of the renovations actually finished. This of course resulted in minimal financial loss due to vacancies.
My example here with my real estate rental property shows that some of our goals in life
are not meant to be achieved alone or in isolation. Instead, success will come easier
and faster if such goals were worked on with the help from other people.

Such teamwork with others also occurs in nature as many animals including wolves
and killer whales hunt together in numbers. It is much safer for these animals
to bring down certain prey, especially larger and dangerous ones, if teamwork is utilized.
The assistance of the right people involved with your goals can result in major success
that you would not otherwise have achieved by yourself. 
So it is important to determine which of your goals should be attempted on your own 
and which ones are best with group effort.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/some-goals-require-group-effort-for-faster-success-the-ultimate-advantage-of-group.html

You can TCR software and engineering manuals for spontaneous recall – or pass that exam.
I can Turbo Charge Read a novel 6-7 times faster and remember what I’ve read.
I can TCR an instructional/academic book around 20 times faster and remember what I’ve read.
Introduction to Turbo Charged Reading YouTube
A practical overview of Turbo Charged Reading YouTube  
How to choose a book. A Turbo Charged Reading YouTube
Emotions when Turbo Charged Reading YouTube

Advanced Reading Skills Perhaps you’d like to join my FaceBook group ?

Perhaps you’d like to check out my sister blogs:
All aspects of regular, each-word reading and education. 
Turbo Charged Reading uses these skills significantly faster.
www.innermindworking.blogspot.com     gives many ways for you to work with the stresses of life
www.happyartaccidents.blogspot.com      just for fun.

To quote the Dr Seuss himself, “The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn; the more places you'll go.”

No comments: