Sunday 17 November 2013

Happy gardens


These gardens are the happiest thing I’ve done to the 35th address I’ve lived at.
M'reen Hunt

I’ve lived on two continents and in 3 countries; it’s just the way life happened.
Approaching 50 I slept on my brother’s floor. You probably won’t believe that the UK refused to 
accept me and my children as full UK citizens as we’d been out of the country for over 6 weeks!
We’d lived abroad for eight years but can trace our ancestry back to 1066 ‘and all that’
and to add salt to the wounds commonwealth families were regarded as British.
Oh, the good old days! Britain was taken to the court of Human Rights and rightly so.
Even then, I was young enough to believe that my brother’s floor was not the end of the line.
Years later I feel trapped in a house I don’t like for many practical reasons.
But over the almost four years I’ve lived here I have to agree that it’s better than some
that have a higher rent and the recession has and is causing problems and heartache
and even death for some.
Over this period I’ve made friends with the house and made it emotionally comfortable.
I had some scrappy gardens before but now these plastic tubs have become available
and these gardens, both front and back, afford me so much pleasure
and gain complements to boot.
I’m still in there batting and am burning the midnight oil creating an income in Social Media.
This is out of my comfort zone, but reading my blogs you will realise that I have a few tricks
up my sleeve to enable me to be de-stress the learning period.
Also, I’m taking the few books I have within me off the back burner.
Like my gardens that have both tame and wild flowers I’m still planting
and tending my life and future. M'reen x

Perhaps you’d like to check out my sister blog www.innermindreading.blogspot.com and find
easy, fast and efficient ways of working with the issues or little unpleasantness’s in your life.

Now they are sparkly Christmas Gardens.

No comments: